Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Where I've been

Folks, I've been pretty much off-line for the past couple months. I've also been disconnected from cable TV and other news media.
I've gotta tell ya, I haven't missed a damn thing.
But Wow! Have I read some great stuff! I've pretty much been spending all my spare time reading. I've also been getting to bed much earlier, getting up earlier, getting out earlier and getting much more done during the day.
Ya know, I'm becoming convinced that for people with addictive tendencies, the internet and cable TV are nothing more than another drug.
A toast:
Here's to positive action, healthy living and good thoughts for all of you.

9 comments:

rainywalker said...

Good to see your back I've missed you and your reporting. I don't think the tube has been on for two weeks. Going to take a 48 mile mountain train ride in a smoker Wednesday. I may cry, it will remind me of West Virginia!

Mac Daddy Tribute Blog said...

Welcome back. I miss those elegant rants of yours.

Bedlam said...

BOO!!!! ha, haaaaa...reading, reading, reading ((((BOOKS)))) not Bedlam, too many words, Yraunaj, put me in a cave, Bedlam read pictures. Ahhh, stickman walk in hill..nope. Yraurbef, You have been busy, but not here. Question, Did you make that trip to Alaska? Lirpa, Whoooo Daddy sending chills, yllibllihsuoicagaS... I AM BEDLAM, [Permettez-moi de me présenter] ping!!! Yluj, No Cable, No Media, No Internet....STONE AGE IN THE MAKING ------>SLAP. Need to take you with me sometimes = EXCITEMENT (BEDLAM, in lobby + BOOM + Take Cover + Patients Secure = Can't Go Home Now) yllibllihsuoicagaS, Try To Remember The Kind Of September. Hello....Bedlam here!! Doped up on, on, on...I Can't Remember The Kind Of September, WHOOOO!!! But I feel good, (common choir) Subdivisions, In the high school halls, In the shopping malls, Conform or be cast out, Subdivisions, In the basement bars, In the backs of cars..(STOP!!!) yllibllihsuoicagaS, W.E.L.C.O.M.E B.A.C.K.

I's Gonna Be Bedlam

Joey Polanski said...

So ... Whats next?

Back to bedski?

Akannie said...

Welcome back, boy.
I've been gardening too and cut off the tv a few months back. It's heavenly in the silence!

Still staying up too late somedays though...like now.

G'nite!!

coachjw1@hotmail.com said...

I haven't been on in awhile and I wanted to say hi! I've missed ya, Man! :)

themom said...

Welcome back and enjoy the "new" lifestyle. Rant on when ready.

Anonymous said...

I knew something/someone was missing........

Kate said...

I'll raise my glass to that!