Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Oh the bitter irony. . .

OK, Jimi Hendrix used the same line in Stone Free. Does that mean that President Obama ripped it from him? Hardly. . . uh, FUCKING hardly.

Read the way it went down and Jimi Hendrix's lyric below. . .

Obama channels Hendrix on critics: ‘They talk about me like a dog’
By Holly Bailey - Tue Sep 7, 12:10 pm ET

Has President Obama been listening to a lot of Jimi Hendrix lately? With just under two months to go before Election Day, Obama kicked off the fall campaign season Monday with an aggressive speech targeting Republicans. But it was an off-script moment in the speech that's attracted the most attention, as Obama accused his GOP critics of talking about him "like a dog."

"Some powerful interests who had been dominating the agenda in Washington for a very long time -- and they're not always happy with me -- they talk about me like a dog. That's not in my prepared remarks, but it's true," Obama said during a speech at Wisconsin's Laborfest on Monday.

Though Obama didn't acknowledge it, the line was a verbatim quote from "Stone Free," the first song Hendrix wrote after moving to England in 1966. "They talk about me like a dog," the song says. "Talkin about the clothes I wear. But they don't realize they're the ones who's square."


Let's consider; In hip culture, meaning anyone who has been the slightest bit cool in the past 35 yrs, "talk about me (her, him, them, it) like a dog" is fairly common usage. I believe I learned it back in the mid 70s from a group of Black people I spent a lot of time hanging out with. "woman talked about me like I was some kinda dog" would have been a common of hand thing to hear.
Being disrespected verbally is being talked to like a dog.
So, the irony is that while these stupid fucks want to make an issue out of nothing (oh, believe me, they will before this is all over) the truth is, "they don't realize they're the ones who's square."

I'm getting so tired of this nonsense.

No comments: