Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Constitution and the horrors of bigotry

1st Amendment protects military funeral protesters

By MARK SHERMAN, Associated Press – 2 mins ago
WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court ruled Wednesday that the First Amendment protects fundamentalist church members who mount anti-gay protests outside military funerals, despite the pain they cause grieving families.
The court voted 8-1 in favor of the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan. The decision upheld an appeals court ruling that threw out a $5 million judgment to the father of a dead Marine who sued church members after they picketed his son's funeral.
Chief Justice John Roberts wrote the opinion for the court. Justice Samuel Alito dissented.


But, these guys are. . . they ought to be. . . I just want to fucking kil. . . they make me so. . . it's infuria. . . I have a gay child for christs sake and I'd like to punch the fuck outta any one of these pieces of shit who goes around saying horrible things about gay people. . .

Bottom line: I will defend their right to say whatever they want as long as they don't get in my way or anyone else's way.

I really will go fucking primal on their asses if they get in my face with their bullshit, but we have the Constitution of the United States. These people and their right to protest is protected by that constitution. That constitution is more important to me than my feelings getting hurt or even my kid's feelings getting hurt. I will protect it the same way I would protect my kids and loved ones. . . with my life.

No comments: