Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Can we relax and enjoy?

I know, you big time campaigners out there like my son can't stop until all the polls are closed in Nov. 4th. . . believe me, I appreciate you and love you all dearly for the work you've done and will continue to do for the next few days. . . especially the man in Ohio who is busting his ass for low wages and little or no recognition just so that he can make this world a better place for all of us and especially the real American workers he works for. If you want the definition of "man-up," find my son.

Now having said that, I'm going to relax for a while and do something completely different. . .

For your consideration, another Ohio super hero. One who has shown his strength in politics, the atmosphere and space.
I give you John Hershel Glenn - American, fighter pilot extraordinaire, astronaut, U.S. Senator and all around nice guy.

Here's Mr. Glenn as a young astronaut (actually he was the oldest of the original seven).


Here's Mr. Glenn as an old astronaut. . . the oldest dude to ever go into space, and probably the baddest moth. . . oh, never mind.


Here is the honorable Senator John Glenn (D) Ohio (what a great president he'd have been).


Here is the senator with his lovely wife Annie. Their romance and relationship should be in the Couples Hall of Fame on the tallest pedestal.



And here he is again. . .



. . . because we all know, he was the original Mr. Clean.



Thanks John Glenn. I was just thinking about heroes and Ohio today and you came up in my mind like an old friend.

No comments: