Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Potential voter fraud and lack of concern in WV

Maybe I'm making too big a deal of all this. Perhaps the potential loss of democratic votes and those votes being registered as republican votes (or if the opposite were true) just isn't a big deal to most people.

Well, it is to me. If one person losses their vote I believe the whole electoral process has been corrupted. I don't believe a single person should stand and defend, trivialize or remain silent about what has apparently happened in Jackson County and Putnam County, WV.

WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE?

WHERE ARE THE WEST VIRGINIA BLOGGERS WHO SHOULD BE RESPONDING TO THIS?


Probably too busy promoting the same old WV republicrat agenda while brushing anything progressive or different under the rug. Welcome to West Virginia; business as usual.
Not much has changed since the days of a slap on the back and a pint of whiskey on the way out the door.

Good thing Obama doesn't need WV, but sadly, once again, WV will be a backwater of modern society. 50 years from now, when people look at the map of who put perhaps the greatest president in office and the first African-American in the White House they'll look at WV and say, "well of course."

10 comments:

themom said...

Hey, I'm with you - although I live in Ohio (right across from Wheeling WV). Yesterday, there were a couple incidents of the Obama pick magically turning into a McCain pick. And the registrars are brushing this off as "isolated" or "the people are not being careful enough." What a fraud.

rainywalker said...

I'm going to vote today and any questions about the machine and somebody's going to be at my machine if it takes 100 tries. I still believe WV will go to the Democrats and its going to be a blowout in the Electorial College.

SagaciousHillbilly said...

Mom, St. Clairsville?
Rainy, That would be true in a world where voting machines work, county clerks are honest and racist Amurkkkins don't exist.
I hope you are right.

themom said...

yep - St. Clairsville is just 8 miles west of me.

SagaciousHillbilly said...

I've spent some time around those parts. . . nothing too noteworthy except fish sandwiches at Coleman's, beef sandwiches at Michaels and sliders at The Bridge.
Now if'n I wuz a cuntry mewsik fan. . .

SagaciousHillbilly said...

Oh, and the Golden Chopstick over on the island. . . really fine stuff.

MountainLaurel said...

I've been yelling about it, but I don't think anyone is listening.

I've also spent time in those parts where Coleman fish is worshiped, along with DiCarlo's pizza.

SagaciousHillbilly said...

The key to Coleman's fish is the walleye they bring in from Michigan. Aint nuthin better on a fish sandwich.
DiCarlos is good, but seems a bit over reputed to me. It aint the crap most midwest/WV/southern etc joints try to pass off as pizza pie, but it aint like a good NY Italian pie either.

Traci Dolan said...

I sent out e-mails to Manchin, Ireland, and the AP... I don't think anyone really cares. The Daily Mail stuffed it to page 5... why am I not surprised??

themom said...

woohoo - you do know the Valley. It's a shame we don't have WWVA Jamboree anymore - it was a big draw to the area. We only have Jamboree In The Hills every summer. But I love all the places you mentioned - except I am not a DiCarlo's fan. (my kids are!) If'n you ever get up this way - give a holler!