Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thank god almighty!

I remember a time before the Civil Right Movement. I remember a time when racism was not scorned but accepted. I remember a time when there was absolutely nothing subtle, subdued or hidden about racism. I remember the hate, the violence and the savagery.
Today I am sitting here watching as an African-American man is being nominated as the democratic candidate for President of the United States.
Finally, I am proud of my country. I am proud of my democratic party. I am truly proud of my party's candidate for the first time.
I am moved beyond words to be watching this event take place.

4 comments:

rainywalker said...

America has came a long way and has some more to go.

Mac Daddy Tribute Blog said...

I echo rainywalker. But I have to say that I was most proud of John Kerry tonight. I'll never forget how Rove's boys-- the swiftboaters, with corporate media's help--raked this proud soldier over the coals, questioned his patriotism-- this soldier who volunteered twice to perform one of the dangerous mission in the war.

By giving McCain hell, Kerry got a little bit of revenge tonight, and some self-respect as well. His was a very good speech.

SagaciousHillbilly said...

I agree MacDaddy, Kerry was the best this evening. His content was great and his delivery was extraordinary.
BillyBoy was decent as always and Biden was good, but JohnK stole the show in my opinion.
He sumed up the Bush administration precisely. He then showed how Puffy will be more of the same.

Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

Hee-hee-hee, you almost sound like Michelle!