Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The pain of the high road

I know, President Obama is taking the high road on this. That is what he does. He's one of the most honorable men to ever hold the office of President of the United States. I believe in taking the high road. It's a much better way to travel. We all need to respect each other and get along.
But then I think about all those year right up to the present day when the opposition sits there calling everyone else traitors and unpatriotic. I think of how they would not and still do not budge off their positions. I think of how stictly partisan they are and how they would rather see the country fail than give an inch to get things done for the good of the country and I just want to fucking tell them all what a bunch of lying piece of shit fuck wads they are. I want to see George W. Bush in a cold dark prison rotting for the rest of his life. I want to see Newt Fucking Gingerich nest to him.
But that's just me. I'm glad we have a president who insists on taking the high road even if it does feel like he's betraying those of us who have put up with the pricks and pieces of shit who called us names and villanized us left leaners for all those years.

In address, Obama pays tribute to George W. Bush
AP

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama is acknowledging that he and former President George W. Bush disagreed about the Iraq war from the beginning. But in his nationally televised address on the Iraq war, he pays tribute to Bush by calling him "a patriot."

Obama spoke by telephone with Bush hours before Tuesday night's Oval Office address. The White House did not disclose what was said.

In the address, Obama said that although it is widely known that the two disagreed about the war, no one could doubt Bush's support for U.S. troops, his love for the U.S. and his commitment to the nation's security.

Obama said there are patriots who supported the war and patriots who opposed it.

No comments: