Monday, August 23, 2010

TSA moronic goons, etc.

I'm sitting at na airport gate waiting for my 3 hr. late flight. I just endured the usual TSA bullshit where a bunch of morons who do not possess the basic life skills to become thug cops stand around and scrutinize every inch and possession of anyone and everybody who wants to board a plane in this country. We are obsessed with security and the excuse of "9-11." Even at the TSA gate there was a big flag made up of the names of people killed on 9-11-01. "We will not forget" or some such bullshit printed in big letters. . .
It's amazing what stupid fucking proles will put up with. IT's amazing what ridiculous jizz you will swallow like $3 back alley whores.
Then I sit here and read this shit. Now these knuckle dragging TSA morons are allowed to pat you down like a common criminal just because they decide it might be a cool thing to do.
This is why I drive whenever I possibly can and why if I were rich I would NEVER fly commercial.

ACLU questions 'enhanced patdown' of air travelers

BOSTON – The American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts is questioning the propriety of stepped-up security checkpoint procedures at airports in Boston and Las Vegas.
The Boston Herald reports that Transportation Security Administration screeners at Logan International Airport are testing what one official called an "enhanced patdown." It lets screeners use a palms-forward, slide-down search procedure on passengers' bodies.
It replaces the old back-of-the-hand patdown for passengers who don't want to go through full-body scanning machines.
The TSA says the new procedure is also being tested at McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas before a national rollout.
The ACLU questions whether the new technique is effective enough to justify what it calls a "seemingly constant erosion of privacy."

1 comment:

Herbert Weaver said...

To be honest, I hate flying - scares me. If everyone had to strip naked to get on the flight to guarantee safety, I wouldn't care.

But what pisses me off is the usual freemarket maximize profits/minimize costs principle that means the TSA only employs underqualified idiots at minimum wage. Nothing sadder than seeing them pat down old ladies so they don't look like they're profiling, then seeing them ask Mexicans to "step this way" because they think they might be Arabs. Bunch of twats.