Sunday, December 23, 2007

Smokin Christmas meat

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire. . . I can hear ol Nat now. . . roasted stuffed turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy. . . just like Norman Rockwell used to paint. . . fuck that nonsense.
By the end of the day, we had 30lbs of ribs and 25 lbs of chicken smoked to perfection and tender goodness.
We're having corn bread and sweet corn caserole ala Angry Black Lady style, cole slaw, a big pan of mac 'n cheese and other scrumptous southern down home goodie. You go eat all that proper New England winter food all you want. I hope you enjoy every well cooked bite, but we need a little up lifting summertime goodness this time of the year!
So stop by and grab ya some ribs and chicken.


This was the first batch. . . I gotta get a bigger smoker. You hear that Santie Claus?

5 comments:

Big Daddy said...

LOOKS GOOD.BUT EVEN THAT WON'T GET ME BACK TO NEW ENGLAND FUCK THAT TOO COLD WILL STAY HERE IN SUNNY AZ. LOL

Blonde Goddess said...

It looks delicious. I fixed a pork roast and a mess of Swedish fixins...

(Pork of any kind makes me fart...just thought I'd warn you in case I come to dinner sometime.)

Forrest Proper said...

Sounds great! We have a local smoker who produces wonderful smoked hams, and we had one of those.

Janis Bland said...

I know what I'll be doing this weekend! Thank God for the ol' Weber.

However, I wish I had one of them big honkin' smokers that ya tow with a pickup.

fu said...

now that's a christmas meal nice going