Thursday, August 23, 2007

Things that make you say WTF?!

Now, everyone knows that has read any of my posts, that I often sit here and say to myself “WHAT THE FUCK?!” Of course, there are various degrees of my astonishment. Take today for example; today my WTF Quotient went from the highly amused to the horrific.
This evening I caught a little news piece that went like this. . .

The Texas Rangers became the first team in 110 years to score 30 runs in a game, setting an American League record Wednesday in a 30-3 rout of the Baltimore Orioles.
Trailing 3-0 in the opener of a doubleheader, the Rangers scored five runs in the fourth inning, nine in the sixth, 10 in the eighth and six in the ninth.

I’m not much of a sports fan, but I am an American male, so I do like a little bit of baseball now and then and understand something of the game. So when I read this, I just had to shake my head, laugh and say “what the fuck?” Texass Rangers?

Earlier in the evening I shook my head a little harder, got a disgusted look on my face and said “whaaat the fuck?!” when I read about a local Atlanta civic leader who came out in strong support of that poor misunderstood young man “Michael Vick.” Like I’ve said, I’m not a sports fan. I didn’t know who this guy was until he became famous for killing dogs.
Let’s put things into perspective. . . We kill innocent animals every day. Cattle, chickens, turkeys, sheep, goats, all kinds of fish even baby cattle and baby chickens get slaughtered by the millions. People go out and hunt wild animals and kill millions of them every year from bear and bambi looking deer to pretty little doves. All this carnage serves the purpose of providing food for someone’s table, even if it does sometimes involve “sporting” activities that are anything but fair, but it is ultimately about consumtion.
Americans love their pets. We spend billions a year taking care of our pets and our dogs often become close members of our family, so when we hear about people using dogs as objects for blood sport, many of us become repulsed. It’s a cultural thing. A deep ingrained piece of our culture. Our dogs are part of who we are. But we don't JUST get repulsed by the use of dogs iin blood sport. It is also illegal to use chickens in a similar manner even if it is popular right here in the hillbilly state. I kill lots of chickens and other poultry here on the farm, but having them kill themselves for my enjoyment? That's perverse by most standards.
So back to the local Atlanta civic leader. . . This guy said things like ‘Vick is not necessarily guilty but he is ‘cutting his losses and taking a plea” and that he should be ‘welcomed back into the community without a loss of his football career.’ He also compared fighting and killing dogs to hunting. Really, he did.
When a civic leader, a leader in one of America’s greatest institutions says things like this, you gotta stop and say “what the fuck?!”
Nope, Mr. Vick and the rest of his dog fighting brethren are at least morons. Did this guy not grow up in the American culture? Did he not know what kind of reception he was going to get when his dirty little secret was revealed? He didn’t? Well then, he’s a moron.
But how about the civic leader who defended him? Well, I suspect Mr. Vick has filled this civic leaders coffers a time or two. Nuf said?

But who really gives two shits about Michael Vick and his dog fighting enterprises or the some baseball team from Texass? What really catches my eye is when someone in power, someone who should know better, someone who holds decisions of life or death over millions of people does something or says something so incredibly stupid that it makes your eyes get all real big, your mouth hangs open and your head drops in total disbelief and you turn around and in an elevated pitch and volume you declare “WHAT THE FUCK?!?!”
You know who and what I’m talking about. Yes, I’m talking about the Moron Monkey Boy and his comments about Iraq in relation to the wars with Japan, Korea and Viet Nam. I mean, come on. This fucking village idiot said that the lesson learned from Viet Nam is that we need to persevere and not cut and run. Not the age old lesson that a mighty military can not ultimately win against an indigenous force fighting for it’s own territory and ideas. Nope, it’s all about not employing “cut and run” tactics. As if we don’t already have enough proof that this guy is a semi-retarded moron with a drug and alcohol addled brain. . . do we really need his puppet masters loading his lips with absurd crap like that? Perhaps American society is as evil as the Islamic fundamentalists say we are. Why else would we deserve to have this as our president or be so totally ignorant as a group to freely elect this absurd moron to the position of the presidency?
Things that really make you just say “What the fuck?!”

How about these headlines:

Russian Woman sets fire to ex-husband's penis

Wow, they get to keep the penis in Russian divorces, eh? Well, that’s one way to keep families together.

Atlanta considers banning baggy pants

Basically, you aren’t going to be allowed to show your underwear in Atlanta. That’s right all you peachy girls and boys, no thongs out the back of your hip huggers and no wearing your pants down around your thighs with your boxers out.

Now, my gut reaction to this was “YEA! at least people will LOOK less like morons in Atlanta,” but then I thought (after about 3/10ths of a second), “who the fuck do these city officials think they are, telling people how to dress?” Reminds me of my parents generation back in ’69. Fuck these putos.

And here’s hopin y’all have a pleasant and fun filled weekend with no hassles. Remember, it’ll be what YOU make it.

No comments: