Thursday, May 29, 2008

Terrorist Scarf!!



Oh dear lord! It's a TERRORIST scarf! Yes folks, the juvenile moronic thinkers on the right believe that Rachel Ray's scarf in this Dunkin Donuts commercial is a sign that Dunkin Donuts, Rachel Ray and who the fuck knows who else support Islamic terrorism. I fucking kid you not. Michelle Malkin, the radical right wing extremist wrote: ‘‘The keffiyeh, for the clueless, is the traditional scarf of Arab men that has come to symbolize murderous Palestinian jihad." She then called for boycott of Dunkin Donuts. Of course the rest of thee right wing has jumped on this and is posting all over the internet about this scourge of scarves upon Amurkkka.
How fucking juvenile and downright childish are these buffoons going to get. Never mind, remember Sen. Joe McCarthy? Maybe you don't. Joe McCarthy was a communist hunter who ruined many careers. He was eventually discredited by most as a crazed maniac. This is the level to which this whole right wing anti-terrorist bullshit has sunk.

What's worse? Well I'll tell ya. . . Dunkin Donuts has caved into this hideous anti-American propaganda and pulled the ad.

If you really believe in freedom. If you really believe in the Constitution of the United States. If you really believe in the good of logic and reason. Boycott Dunkin Donuts for caving in to this absurd line of terrorist right wing harrassment.
It is all so insane.

2 comments:

matt williams said...

As I said on another blog. Racheal looks very brown in that pic. I wonder if that played into Malkin and the others dislike of the ad and commerical.

Mac Daddy Tribute Blog said...

chic: Thanks. I hadn't thought of the color angle. It seems scaremongers can use the darkening of images quite effectively.
sagacious: Thanks for bringing this up. But some things I read just make me sigh and go f**ck! But I don't think I'll grieve for not eating donuts from that place. They taste crappy anyway.

On another note, I posted on my blog a piece about the blues and a great blues guitarists (though unknown by some). Knowing you're a blues lover, I thought of you. Blessings.