Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Barrack Obama is the democratic nominee for President of the United States

Wow. Perhaps we needed to hit the horrible bottom we did the past seven years to rise up and do something great.



I'm a softie. No, really, ask my family. But I don't think a political event has ever caused me to tear up, but tonight I found myself sitting here with tears running down my cheeks.

This is simply the best thing to happen to our country in many decades. Tonight I am proud of my country for the first time in my adult life. This old political junkie will sleep well tonight.

Now, let's make it President Barrack Obama

4 comments:

Mac Daddy Tribute Blog said...

sagacious: I know you know this already, but it bears repeating: Hillary missed a historic moment to bring her supporters to Obama's side and begin the healing process.

But I, too, will sleep well tonight. Tomorrow, people will wake up and think of what a great historic moment this is and what a great campaign he ran.

SagaciousHillbilly said...

Absolutely true Daddy. IF she had conceded and voiced her support for Barrack last night, it would be a whole new political world today. . . it's just another indication of the pathology of what infects the Clintons.
Hopefully others will point this out in the national press and MR. Obama will be ableto move along without paying too much attention to the Clintons. I think they need to be marginalized as much as possible without throwing off their base of support.
VP? Yea right.

Mac Daddy Tribute Blog said...

VP? If she wants to be VP, she better start being more gracious toward the democratic nominee. Jamail, one of Barack's advisors, flat out said it: The Obama people were not happy with her speech. The way she's doing now will ensure that not only will she NOT get the VP position, but whatever position she does get will be far removed from the decisionmaking processes at the White House.

Mac Daddy Tribute Blog said...

Back to the good stuff, the Blues Historian have three videos of the great Freddie King playing mad blues guitar. You'll love it! http://bluesman2001.blogspot.com/