Monday, March 9, 2009

Junk News

Don't stray from Mexico resorts, says US senator

WASHINGTON (AFP) – . . .
"Many places in Mexico are basically self-contained resort areas, where, frankly, you are not going to have a lot of interaction with people from the outside," Senator John Cornyn told Fox News.


Why bother going to Mexico if you're not going to "stray from the resort?!" Most of the fun I have in Mexico is exploring the sights, sounds and smells and hanging around le gente.

Obama Lifts Stem Cell Restrictions
ABC News - 2 hours, 32 minutes ago
Obama: We're "restoring scientific integrity to government decision making."


Good. It's about time. Basing gov't policy on what you think your imaginary friend the sky fairy will think is simply absurd. Millions of lives have been a best jeopardized by the insanity of the Bush politics of pandering to the religious nut jobs.

Here's the dumbest headline I've seen in a long time:

Obama takes different path than Bush
Reuters -
The President lifts restrictions on human stem cell research weeks after ordering the Guantanamo detention center closed.


Oh, really? Who'd a thought?

Can NASA take a joke? Try space station Colbert

By SETH BORENSTEIN, AP Science Writer

WASHINGTON – Earth to Space Station Colbert: The cosmic joke may be on NASA. Comedian Stephen Colbert, who couldn't get his mock presidential campaign off the ground, is polling better by aiming higher. He's convinced his many fans to write in his name in NASA's online public vote to name a new room to be added to the international space station.


Here's a clue for ya. . . NASA already is a joke.
Why not "Armstrong," "Grissom," "Shirra" or some other name that reflects the proud history of NASA?
Better yet: why not rebuild the F-1 engine instead of f'ing around with unreliable and dangerous SRBs?

3 comments:

MountainLaurel said...

I'll agree.Mexico is a lot better once you get off the beaten path. I'm just as glad, though, that the Mexicans will be spared the drunk US college students.

Mac Daddy Tribute Blog said...

When I travel, I love to go to those out-of-the-way places where I got a sense of how the down-to-earth people from the region live and, frankly, where I won't see many tourists.

SagaciousHillbilly said...

Mac, Laurel, I love seeing how other people live in environments that are different than mine or what I'm familiar with. I also love seeking out the natural beauty of a place. I can't imagine spending any part of a vacation at one of those "all inclusive resorts." Why leave home?
Hell, I've never been to Disney World and don't have the slightest desire to go there. I can see much more interesting things "off the beaten path."
yea, I figured you'd see the world like that.