Tuesday, September 4, 2007

What are you "indicative" of, Whoopie?

Goldberg defends Vick in `View' debut

NEW YORK - So much for the sedate alternative to Rosie O'Donnell on "The View."
Whoopi Goldberg used her first day on the daytime chat show Tuesday to defend football star Michael Vick in his dogfighting case.
Goldberg said that "from where he comes from" in the South, dogfighting isn't that unusual.

"It's like cockfighting in Puerto Rico," she said. "There are certain things that are indicative to certain parts of the country."


WTF?!

Who is Whoopie trying to kid. First off, Newport News, VA, where Vick grew up, aint exactly the south and it sure the hell isn’t rural. I’ve lived in the rural south most of my life and I’ve never heard of anyone having a dog fight. There’re lots of cock fighting going on if you happen to know where to find it, but not much dog fighting if any around here. Dog fighting sure aint “indicative” of the south I know.

From what I hear, dog fighting is most common in poor urban neighborhoods. If I’m wrong, somebody please correct me.
So why does Ms. Goldberg feel compelled to defend this slack jawed moron dog killer/torturer before the masses? I dunno. Could it be some form of momentary common sense depletion? I’ve generally liked Ms. Goldberg and agreed with any social commentary I’ve heard her make, but this one just doesn’t make any sense to me. Now granted, I’m not the smartest dog in the pack, so who knows, I may be missing something. If I am, help a dumb hillbilly out and let me know what it is.

Dog fighting “indicative” of living in the south? WTF does she think we are around here, a bunch of slack jawed inbred toothless backwoods hicks with no ethical or moral sense of right and wrong? Maybe it’s time for me to let lose with some well worded jabs at people from LA or people who have worn their hair in dredlocks for 25 years.

No comments: